Friday, 2 December 2011

Time And Tide

Wow, it sure has been a long time since I've posted anything.  Some people might think I fell off the edge of the Earth, but this is not so.  I've simply been bogged down neck deep in the quicksand that is life over fifty.  Sigh, since my accident in the Eighties, I have never been able to regain the energy levels I used to have.  I kept up with my bike riding and roller skating, but then I had two separate injuries doing both of these activities, so I have become quite sedentary due to badly damaged knees.  I am to a point now where I have almost no energy left at all.  I can sit and type at the  computer for extended periods, but most physical activity exhausts me after half an hour or so.

Fortunately, I retain a lot of mental energy, so when I actually do get down to something that requires only brain energy, I can handle it.

It finally happened: I lost my home.  The move itself started this past Summer, when I began the process of packing.  It took me three months to pack, since I had to do it alone.  My place was only some 1000 square feet, and I really don't own very much, but dragging everything out of closets and cupboards for all those months damn near killed me.  My stuff is now in storage, and I have a few bundles of things with me in the basement room where I have been graciously afforded a few months of shelter.

As the exhaustion of moving calms away, I am trying to get back up to speed on a few things - updating my blog and webpage are on that list...hence, I am here now.

I'm also trying to get my novel re-formatted for Kindle.  Nobody is buying it as a book on Amazon, so I might as well try the electronic version.  As well, I've been working on a couple of my newer projects.

One of the things I most enjoy doing is creating content for Thunder Row.  Album reviews, interviews, and other general stuff.  It's fun and keeps things brassy and warm in the gulliver.

I'm going to get caught up with bringing some of the Thunder Row stuff over to the blog and the website.  When renewal time comes, I'm not sure I'll be buying more time with GoDaddy.  Their web design process is slow and unresponsive to a large degree.  It doesn't work with Chrome, only works part of the time with Internet Explorer - it seems to calm down with Firefox...this in itself makes it something that's more fuss than it's worth.  Plus, there is no place on GoDaddy sites for comment boxes, so my friends and visitors cannot leave any remarks, except in the Guestbook.  I might just let the webpage expire and bring everything over to the blog.  Google's blog system allows for pictures and comments - pretty much everything I need.  I paid a lot for the GoDaddy pages, so if I don't renew, it will be an expensive lesson learned, but I have wasted so much time trying to overcome its flaws that it's left a bad taste in my mouth.

So, I guess that's it for my first blog entry since September.  Now I'm off to gather up some stuff from the Row to slide on over!





No comments:

Post a Comment